This is a bit belated – I’ve been struggling to find the energy to blog (or to do much else!). But it’s a new week tomorrow! Let’s hope I get my sense of humour back too.
1. My little miniature poppy meadow at the entrance to the Mirror Garden. When I walk up there in the morning, the sound of bees and other insects is deafening. I’m not good at pulling out any flower that sows itself around. Consequently my garden is messy.
2. Bourbon rose ‘Blairii No. 2’ was at its peak in the Iris Garden
Then a few roses in the Rose Walk, which was looking superb before the rain today.
3. My favourite Alba rose, ‘Celestial’
4. David Austin’s ‘Munstead Wood’ is, I think, much better this year since I pruned it hard and fed it a lot. I prefer the colour to ‘William Shakespeare’ (just along from it), which is a much more cerisey kind of red.
5. She’s a sweetie – but she runs madly (bit like me!). Little Gallica rose ‘Belle de Crecy’
6. And finally Iris sibirica with Euphorbia ‘Silver Swan’ and bronze fennel.
It all looks tidy – at the moment – even the veg plot!
Have a splendid week. With thanks to The Propagator who kindly hostly this highly popular meme that gardeners around the globe take part in.